Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video skips
mymatesre [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2020 00:53 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I am using footage from an iPhone 12 and have the latest verion of PowerDirector. I have tried filming in HD 30 and HD60.
If I have 1 linear video and import it it plays fine after I prodice final video.
If I cut it into 3 equal parts (let's name them part A, B & C) and delete the middle part B, the last part C always appears choppy, even after I produce and export A & C to a seperate file. I thought the problem was render preview but since I export it the problem still exists. It's like it plays for 2 seconds, jumps a few frames, plays, jumps, etc so it's choppy to watch, but only in the last part C. Amy ideas?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Most likely your iPhone is shooting video with a variable frame rate that is challenging the program and/or your hardward.

Open one of your iPhone videos in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of that report and paste it to this forum. With this detailed report we will better be able to advise you how to proceed.

It may also be helpful to know which processor you have and how much RAM.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 18. 2021 08:24

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
More than likely the variable frame rate of the phone clips. Use the raw clips in HandBrake and produce to a constant frame rate with similar quality as your original (bitrate, frame size) and use these clips for editing in PD. A added step but things should work much better in PD for editing.

Jeff