Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Any way to link Screen Recorder audio to system audio rather than a specific output audio device?
SuperSherlock [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2021 15:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
When using Screen Recorder I must carefully select my audio output device because if I change it during the recording, audio in the recording drops out. This is very annoying as I commonly will start a recording while monitoring it with my headset, then when I need to go do something else, I will switch the audio output device to, say, speakers so I can hear it across the room.

Doing so however causes the audio to drop out. Why is audio input to the Screen Recorder exclusively linked to whatever your starting output audio device is? That's pretty weird.

Any workaround to this other than just not switching audio? Another time I had a specific audio device selected, unchanged during the recording, but the bluetooth device's battery ran out which caused the PC to autoswitch back to speakers. This caused the last half of the recording to have no audio.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Which version of SR are you working with? The bundled one that comes with PowerDirector of the standalone V3 or V4? See this FAQ, and also tell us which version type, like SE, Standard, Deluxe, Essential, etc. (if applicable).