Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Free Cyberlink PowerDirector?
Digihound37 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2021 07:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just received a message from

Membership [at] cyberlinkmember.com

saying that I can dowload a fully working latest version of Powerdirector free of charge:

"Enjoy all the latest features with no time limit".

Is this really a special gift from Cyberlink allowing me to download a fully functioning version because of what I bought before, or is it simply an unlimited trial version (not related to my previous purchases) or is this a spoof email from an unrelated email address?

The address doesn't seem to match anything on this community or the Cyberlink site.

Is anyone from Cyberlink looking in to answer this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2021 07:37

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink does have a limited free trial version of PowerDirector. It is not unlimited. It is limited on High Definition videos.

Otherwise, it might be a SCAM. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
It is a legitimate email address of CL and that was the content of the email, however, that version has always free and it is limited. Essentially it's the same offer as here: https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/free-software-and-apps/index_en_US.html the PowerDirector 365 Essential release. It's possibly the current version release, it's 2730 which might match the current subscription version, unfortunately https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84821.page#350770 does not list a release number for the March release and the perpetual version 2521 lags and often not in sync number wise recently.

Jeff