Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My video can't finish rendering (producing), it gets stuck at 54%
ElennaNora [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2021 10:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I need help.

I am very new at this and I have been working hard to make a simple video (3min40sec in total) and when I click Produce it stops at 54%. It is extremely annoying and I am incredibly frustrated because it is my first video with PowerDirector and I did not expect this, right at the last step.

Whatever quality I choose, it stops rendering at 54%. I am using PowerDirector 365 (updated) on a Mac, I don't know how to give specifics of my case from Mac (there are no guidelines for that).

I am opting for H264 AVC | MP4 | NTSC (1280x720)

I chose Fast video rendering with Hardware video encoder, but I tried without it too.
I also tried lower quality, and PAL, but it's the same, it gets stuck at 54%.

Can anybody help me? Guide me at least with how to give more information?
[Thumb - Rendering conditions.png]
 Filename
Rendering conditions.png
[Disk]
 Description
Selections for Producing
 Filesize
499 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Thumb - Blockage moment.png]
 Filename
Blockage moment.png
[Disk]
 Description
It gets stuck at 54%
 Filesize
2098 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As most people on this user forum have Windows systems it's not likely that we'll be able to help with the specifics of a Mac, but there are some quick steps that may resolve your issue.

The first is to use the Profile Analyzer to find the Best Matched Format for your source clips. If you have NTSC clips (30p or 60p for the US) you won't normally want to produce to PAL (25p or 50p for most of the rest of the world) or vice-versa. Stick with the same framerate as your source clips whenever possible.

If you're still stuck at 54% when producing with the Best Matched Profile, try again with the Fast video rendering technology option on the Produce page UNchecked. You may also need to uncheck the Enable hardware decoding option under Preferences | Hardware Acceleration.

If none of those help, take a look at what happens on your project timeline starting at 2:01:00, which is where the blockage occurs and see if you can see at least what's there that might be causing PD to stall. Feel free to post a screenshot of that section if you'd like us to help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2021 14:08

ElennaNora [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2021 10:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, optodata, your answer helped, I shortened a title I had added at that specific moment and it worked.
I managed to produce my video.

Grateful for your patience smile
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe there should be a section on the Index for PowerDirector for Mac. That way all of the conversations for Mac can be grouped into one area. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Onek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2021 09:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using window 10 - using Powerdirector 21 . My video stuck for the last 7hrs with no progress. I am wondering if the below solution can also work for window 10. For your help please!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You clearly have a different issue than the OP here two years ago, especially as they were using a Mac and the product is very different on the two platforms.

The best thing to do is to follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide, make sure you select the proper forum, and then describe your situation in greater detail. Be sure to attach the DxDiag test results as they are critical in understanding technical issues