CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
animation capabilities
Reply to this topic
Torkuda [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 01, 2021 15:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Looking to purchase PowerDirector for help in creating a motion comic, but I'm not sure if it can do the things I want- and yes, I contacted normal customer service and they never responded so I'm hoping users can help.

Anyway, I want to know if the program is able to perform some basic animation functions and I'm can't find information about them.

Pivot- I want to know if I can set the pivot point for an image and move the image around said pivot point.
Warp- I want to know if the program is able to bend or contort an image or video
opacity- May as well ask, I'm assuming I can control the visibility of an image

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2021 17:32

optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 6718 Offline
[Post New]
You should be able to do all of that with PD19 (or the subscription version, PD365).

It has relocatable pivot points, and all versions of PD have what are called "freeform" controls which let you drag the corners of any clip L/R/U/D while warping the image to match. You can also add ripples and other visual styles, but those effects aren't designed to follow any actively warping contours so you'd have to experiment to see what's feasable without tons of additional keyframing.

All clips have opacity controls, and chroma-keying will let you remove any green screened areas and make them transparent so you background content will show through.

You should download the trial version and look at a few tutorials to get a better feel for the editor. Hitting the <F1> key when you have a particular tool open will also bring up the help file which can get you up and running faster.
Reply to this topic