Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pan and Zoom
Peter J Milner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2021 09:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I have a problem with pan and zoom. I want to zoom in on a talking head during a piece to camera to break it up a bit.

My problem is in the end box as to where I want the zoom to end up, I just chase the white box around the screen. It seems somehow to have lost the ability to resize?

It has been reported along with a screen shot to Cyberlink a week or so ago but so far not even an acknowledgement email which is unusual? are they on holiday?

Cheers,
Peter.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I assume you're working with the recently updated v9.0.0. I see the same issue, although I can zoom out from full screen in both the Start and End frames by using the "pinch out" gesture. The pinch in gesture (either entirely inside the frame or starting outside of it and ending inside) make no changes to the size of the white size frame.

Waiting a week to hear back sounds like something got missed. I've found that when I report an issue through the main web contact link, I get a nearly immediate email confirmation that it was received. That email contains the support ticket number which starts with CSxxxxxxx.

However, starting sometime last December I stopped receiving an email when an official response has been posted. If you used that portal to report your issue, go there now and see if there are any replies. Click on MyStatus then My Support Ticket.
Peter J Milner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2021 09:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I assume you're working with the recently updated v9.0.0. I see the same issue, although I can zoom out from full screen in both the Start and End frames by using the "pinch out" gesture. The pinch in gesture (either entirely inside the frame or starting outside of it and ending inside) make no changes to the size of the white size frame.

Waiting a week to hear back sounds like something got missed. I've found that when I report an issue through the main web contact link, I get a nearly immediate email confirmation that it was received. That email contains the support ticket number which starts with CSxxxxxxx.

However, starting sometime last December I stopped receiving an email when an official response has been posted. If you used that portal to report your issue, go there now and see if there are any replies. Click on MyStatus then My Support Ticket.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I used to be able to use the mouse to resize the white box, but after the update this is no longer possible.

In the end I called Cyberlink European HelpDesk in Germany and got much the same answer. I have a workround for now but it would be really handy to be able to use the mouse again.

Thanks again,
Peter.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad you found a workaround. You can also go to Settings > FAQ and Send Feedback in the mobile app to request that they fix the issue/add the ability to zoom in.
optodata
[Post New]
I heard back from tech support that they couldn't duplicate the issue. I made this screen recording on my Pixel 5 phone to show what happens:

Hopefully this will make clear what the issue looks like. If any forum members see that I missed something, please let me know!
optodata
[Post New]
They asked if the problem was specific to this project but I see it on new and existing projects and in all project aspect ratios.

I dug out my old Galaxy S8 and it still had v8.2.0 of the mobile app. I didn't record the finger positions but you can see that the pinch-to-zoom in and out works as expected:

UPDATE: Well I updated the app on that phone and Pan & Zoom still work normally in V9.0.1, so there's clearly something going on with my Pixel 5 running Android 11 vs. a Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) running Android 9.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 24. 2021 14:03