Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Removing background music.
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 24, 2017 08:48 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
This way be impossible but I was wondering is their anyway to remove background music from a video. I still want the normal sounds and talking but how to I get rid of any music, even if it just alters it enough not to get flag on Youtube. Thanks you.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
It depends on how the background music has been added to the video.

If you've got a finished video only (say a movie you downloaded) that's got music, sound effects and dialog mixed together, it's pretty much impossible.

But if this is your project and you've added an audio track that includes music and you want to know how to remove it, it's as simple as removing the track.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This way be impossible but I was wondering is their anyway to remove background music from a video. I still want the normal sounds and talking but how to I get rid of any music, even if it just alters it enough not to get flag on Youtube. Thanks you.

You can use a free program called Audacity to remove background music and keep the vocals.

Removing the music doesn't guarantee that you will not receive a copyright claim on YouTube. There is no way to prevent that 100%. The YT claim system makes false claims all the time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2021 10:06

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 24, 2017 08:48 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]

You can use a free program called Audacity to remove background music and keep the vocals.

Removing the music doesn't guarantee that you will not receive a copyright claim on YouTube. There is no way to prevent that 100%. The YT claim system makes false claims all the time.

Thank You both. Youtube is terrible for false claims.