Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Another update, another bug.
Ben-Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2014 01:21 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
My "hardware encoder" option when exporting now says "AMD Video Coding Engine".

I saw this and thought, "hey cool! maybe it'll work better or whatever"

Yeah, nah. It breaks the video when exporting now. The colors are split up and not aligned. If you don't know what that means; exactly - it makes no sense but that's what's happening.

Anyone have any idea why this happens? Can I fix it or is hardware acceleration broken now?

Yes - the latest AMD drivers are downloaded. All drivers are always up to date, as well as motherboard bios firmware. I run a tight ship.

EDIT: PD Version: 19.2.2520.0 (64 bit)

On/Off comparison

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 11. 2021 16:48

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Can you specify which update? It would help members to check your issue if you could give the exact version.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Ben-Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
Can you specify which update? It would help members to check your issue if you could give the exact version.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

updated the original post with PD version number.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote EDIT: PD Version: 12.2.2520.0 (64 bit)

Can you check your version again. Version 12 surely never had a recent update and there never was a 12.2 which was a minor upgrade associated with the subscription license as it was not in vogue yet.

Jeff
Ben-Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]

Can you check your version again. Version 12 surely never had a recent update and there never was a 12.2 which was a minor upgrade associated with the subscription license as it was not in vogue yet.

Jeff

That's just me being tired and pressing backspace too many times to type the rest.

Fixed. It's PD 19.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ben-Robert

You didn't say what your video card is.
Here AMD RX570, HA uses a different way when rendering and speeds up the process for videos in progressive mode.
If you post a small sample of your raw video we can see what happens.
You can and should also contact Cyberlink support, open PD click on “?” Online Support Website

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2021 14:11

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There does seem to be a problem with this video card. The left half of the screenshot with amd video coding engine shows the top pixels on the screen to be green. Unchecking PD19 hardware decoding in preferences for that and radeon rx 560 could help.