Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reusing previously rendered video
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
For my videos I use the same intro and outro segments. I thought I could create these separately and then import them as finished clips into each main video (or just drop them in the C:/....../SampleClips folder) saving me time. It would also free up space in the media area as these segments are made up of several smaller clips, music and images.

My question: if I do this, will there be a drop in quality if these pre-rendered clips are rendered again? Not sure how the rendering process would affect the video/audio quality if they are rendered more than once.

Using PD19 Ultimate. Render setttings are 1920 x 1080/H.264/mp4/PAL

Thanks in advance.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
There will be no visible loss in quality.

In fact, if your project settings are the same as your video format, PowerDirector's SVRT smart rendering technology will re-use the video rather than re-render it and there will be no change in the video data whatsoever.
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There will be no visible loss in quality.

In fact, if your project settings are the same as your video format, PowerDirector's SVRT smart rendering technology will re-use the video rather than re-render it and there will be no change in the video data whatsoever.

That's great news. Thanks a bunch!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You could also save your intro and outro segments as separate pds files and then just insert them to any timeline you are working on. One can also remove any content in the media library as you wish to cleanup, it has no bearing on timeline contents.

Jeff
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You could also save your intro and outro segments as separate pds files and then just insert them to any timeline you are working on. One can also remove any content in the media library as you wish to cleanup, it has no bearing on timeline contents.

Jeff

The opposite happened to me. Accidentally deleted a clip from the media area, saved, and when I reopened the file a few days later that clip did not play. Got a message about it too. My take-home from this was that the pds file requires all the required files to be in the media area.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The opposite happened to me. Accidentally deleted a clip from the media area, saved, and when I reopened the file a few days later that clip did not play. Got a message about it too. My take-home from this was that the pds file requires all the required files to be in the media area.

Absolutely not true. Not disputing whatever occurred for you, but it was not from media not being in the library.

A big difference between remove and delete.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2021 13:10