Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 19 build 2403 not detecting my 3D display via HDMI 1.4
The Red Devil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2017 05:07 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I have a problem with detecting my 3D display on my recently purchased brand new PC.

On my previous computer which was 10 years old I had no problems watching 3D movies through PowerDVD 19. My 3D display (Optoma HD36 projector) was detected perfectly (connected via HDMI high speed cable). I used to have a simple onboard Intel HD Graphics card and I had a second generation Intel i7 processor.

Now I switched to an AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT Processor with a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti video card. I have the latest drivers installed. Somehow the 3D Display is not detected on my new system.

When I connect my old Acer Iconia W700 tablet with a Intel i5 processor and Intel HD graphics my 3D Display is detected without any problem.

Why is my 3D Display not detected on my new system? I am using the same HDMI cables which are high speed and 1.4 compatible. I have already ruled out the HDMI cables.

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

The Red Devil
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
182 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The newer nvidia cards do not support 3D. You need old hardware with old drivers to view 3D material. See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24260 . You may want to explore the amd cards to see if any of the newer support 3D viewing. You may need to buy old computers for the best experience.