Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Auto-muted sound ..?!
Grumpy Goat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2019 16:08 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I use PD 365. Over the last couple of days I have noticed that whenever I open PD all sound is muted. This is what I see under the RHS of the Preview Window.

I changed nothing on the setup, not that there appears to be any setting that could have caused this. I have to manually click on the speaker icon and un-mute the sound. Every time. PITA.

What is going on? How can I get PD back to where sound is on by default?
[Thumb - PowerDirector 365 Sound AutoMuted.png]
 Filename
PowerDirector 365 Sound AutoMuted.png
[Disk]
 Description
Muted speaker icon
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 02. 2021 09:26

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Is this happening when reopening the same project each time? What happens if you open a different project, or disable the option to automatically open the previous project?

Grumpy Goat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2019 16:08 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is this happening when reopening the same project each time? What happens if you open a different project, or disable the option to automatically open the previous project?

Thanks for replying. It happens with no project, same project, different project ... doesn't matter. And I don't have that setting you showed enabled.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2021 13:34

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm. I can't get PD to stay muted. If I mute it, then close and reopen PD the sound is active. Even if I save a project with mute selected, the sound plays when I reopen the project.

If you can manually unmute, then PD isn't in non-real time preview mode and PD isn't muted in Windows volume mixer. You said you haven't changed any settings but it's possible that a Windows update has caused this.

Maybe open up the App volume and device preferences tool and see what's going on there. Start > Settings > System > Sound > Advanced sound options

Check the playback device for PD and change from default if needed

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2021 14:18

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Can we be clear what is happening?
On my system, if either of PDR's preview windows are set to mute, then both are muted.
If I then exit PDR, with or without saving, then those muted settings are retained for re-opening.
If I then unmute either preview windows, they both unmute and that status is retained on closing and then on re-opening.

My understanding is that by default PDR will retain the closing staus for re-opening, so any other behaviour would be interesting!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
hi Grumpy Goat

I'm not sure if this will solve your case.
try this.
Open PD, Settings, Preferences, Confirmation, Restart, OK XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365