Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When I edit my videos, sometimes my images and text gets shifted along the timeline.
Geby7321 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2021 14:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
When I edit my videos, I have been putting lots of my time into making sure all the timings are right. But when I get further along the video, and I go back, some things are almost like they have been shifted along the timeline. I have been having these problems on mobile and on my pc. Same problem.
Please help me with this problem I am having. I love PowerDirector! But with this problem, I have been geting very frustrated.
I am open to any ideas of what i can do to fix this.

Thanks,
Geby
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It would help to know if you're seeing clips actually shifted in time relative to other clips or if it only seems that way when you preview the timeline and you see some sections of audio & video get out of sync.

If clips are physcially shifting, do you the shift happen a a specific point on the timeline and things go out of sync after that?

That can be caused by normal editing if you're not careful. For example, if you use the Duration tool to change the length of a clip on Track 2, even one that's all by itself and not touching any other clips, all clips to the right of it on all tracks will be shifted by the change in duration you made.

One way to avoid that is to drag the starting/ending edge of the clip to the desired location and release it. A pop-up menu will let you choose what you want all following clips to do.