Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wrong aspect ratio displaying in PowerDirector - can it be corrected?
CabinLife [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2019 16:43 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I recorded a short video in 16:9 aspect ratio on my phone, It displays on my PC windows media player as 16:9 but when put into Power Director the video clip displays as 9:16. Is there any way to flip the display of the video clip in Power Director?

Power Director is giving me an aspect ratio error message recommending changing the aspect ratio of the project, which I don't want to do.
I added a screen print of the 2 displays (PD and Windows Media Player

Thanks for your help
Maureen
[Thumb - reolink power director.jpg]
 Filename
reolink power director.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD and Windows Media Player displays
 Filesize
348 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2021 10:24

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
First of all, maintain the 16:9 ratio in PD, so do not change that to 9:16 when loading the clip into the timeline.
After you have put the clip on your timeline, then you can do either

• leave it as is, because the stand-up position of the clip is correct. You might want to look at the top and bottom parts of the clip to see whether you can zoom in a bit, so that more of the clip fills the 16:9 screen

• or rotate the clip from horizontal to vertical position, so that the clip fills the complete 16:9 screen, as it was meant to be when you recorded the clip. After the rotation you can size the clip by dragging one of the white point in any of the corners to make it fill the full 16:9 space.

(I cannot see on you picture which of these it should be.)
Hope that this helps.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
In addition to what Warry showed.
On the timeline, right click on the video, Set clip attributes, Set Aspect Ratio ...
Once the window is open, check the option.
The aspect ratio of the video is 16: 9
Check Apply to all videos clips if applicable.
OK XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365