Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video clips doubled and overlapping
Matno [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2021 13:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Noob here, but I just created a video using the simplified "Wizard" interface. Imported all of my clips and individually trimmed most of them. Got to the end and realized that there were more things I wanted to do than the simplified Wizard let me do, so instead of saving to a file, I chose advanced editing, which opened up my project in the normal interface. For some reason, most of my clips are now duplicated with overlap. So, for example, if I started with a video clip that was 60 seconds long and I cropped it to 30 seconds, it now shows up as two 20 second clips - both from the cropped 30 second clip. In other words, it will play the first 20 seconds, then jump back 10 seconds and play the last 20 seconds of the same clip. These are saved as 2 separate clips. This was a rather large project, so I'd REALLY like to know if there is a way to fix this other than just starting over.

Thanks in advance.

Matno
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It would help to have a screenshot showing at least some detail on what your timeline looks like. Use Alt Print Screen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S) if you have Win10, then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share it here.
Matno [Avatar]
[Post New]
How's this?
[Thumb - Screenshot 2021-02-28 130032.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 2021-02-28 130032.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline showing two doubled clips
 Filesize
325 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for sharing that. I have no experience with Auto Mode (aka Magic Movie Wizard), but when I tried using it and then choosing Advanced Editing, my timeline shows a single clip from the Theme Designer.

Double clicking on it will open the Theme Designer again, and I don't see any individual clips. Do you remember which template you used when you created this project?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2021 15:30

Matno [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for sharing that. I have no experience with Auto Mode (aka Magic Movie Wizard), but when I tried using it and then choosing Advanced Editing, my timeline shows a single clip from the Theme Designer.

Double clicking on it will open the Theme Designer again, and I don't see any individual clips. Do you remember which template you used when you created this project?

I didn't actually select one, so I'm assuming it used the default, whatever that is. Basically the only transitions it inserted were between still frames and video clips.
optodata
[Post New]
If you didn't select anything, the default is Action and editing it in the Theme Designer looks like this:

I don't see anywhere to trim the clips though, so you must have had a different screen. By any chance did you maybe use Storyboard Mode or Slideshow Creator?

Note that you can click on Reply to this topic at the bottom of the page if you don't want to quote the last post every time you reply