Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Imported clip with flashing black lines on two edges
JSC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
I am creating clips in one project that I import into a master project where I assemble them with fades, effects, etc. This is working fine except in this intance: I'm using keyframes to start a clip at a reduced size and then expand to fill the screen. (See attached.) As it's expanding, it is showing flashing black lines on the right and bottom sides of the clip. This wouldn't be a problem if my background were black, but it's a light purple. The purple background is the exact same color in both the imported clip and the master project. I suspect this will happen with any movement of an imported clip where the sides are visible.

Any help preventing these black lines would be much appreciated.
 Filename
O Holy Jesus - intro test.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
80915 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
91 time(s)
PowerDirector 365, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 4.05 GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
A suggestion that may work for you.
Use the Chroma key filter on the purple color of the video with the clips.
Does not have the same color in the clips should work

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2021 12:06

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
JSC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Quote A suggestion that may work for you.
Use the Chroma key filter on the purple color of the video with the clips.
Does not have the same color in the clips should work

Thanks so much for the suggestion, AVPlayVideo. These virtual choir/ensemble videos have so many individual clips running at once (the singers enter after this introduction), using the chroma key almost always affects something within at least several of the musician's tiles. In this case it did eliminate the unwanted border, but also affected several clips. After much experimentation, I found the best case scenario so far was using settings of Color Range: 4, and Denoise: 4.

I tried using a different background color (bright green) in the imported clip, but that reintroduced those black lines.

Just under the chroma key section is a border section. I thought perhaps if I addedd a border the same purple color, that might obstruct what's going on with the black lines. But that purple border gets added to the outside of the clip, not along its edge. So that didn't help.

So still looking for solutions.

Thanks,

Jim PowerDirector 365, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 4.05 GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It may be easier to add a second chroma-key just to get rid of the border area. Use slightly different settings to catch the missed areas.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Intrigued by your problem, I tried to remove the black lines in various ways including the ones mentioned above.
The last attempt was with masking. I did a quick and dirty mask with keyframes to keep as close as possible to the borders of the expanding picture. I am sure that with a bit more time and a number of keyframes extra the job can be done perfectly. I used a little feather and added a purple color board. See the packed project attached.
I included the resulting file, you need to add the original file into the folder to make the project complete.
Let me know if that would work.
I am also curious to understand what you did in the first place, that caused the black lines to appear. Prevention is better than healing, right?
 Filename
masking.zip
[Disk]
 Description
packed project
 Filesize
19251 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
69 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Just a thought.

On my system the color of the background and the expanding clip are slightly different.

What happens if they are exactly the same?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - Expanding clip.PNG]
 Filename
Expanding clip.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
238 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Background 1.PNG]
 Filename
Background 1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
237 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2021 15:50

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do