Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Move all clips with transitions when re-editing
A_J_123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2016 07:15 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I suspect I am missing something simple.
I create a project, watch it and decide to make some cuts. My clips are transitioned together, usually with fades. When I make a cut, all the following clips move, good, but the one immediately after the cut clip starts at the end of the clip not with the transition. If I select all the clips after and drag them across the transition it no longer gives me the option of fade. It says overwrite and I end up moving all the clips one at a time. Is there a way to make a cut in a clip,and have all the rest move along, keeping the transition?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I know there is no way of maintaining the transition. This functional design may the logical approach, since the transition was made with a clip/image that now is no longer there. Better to add a transition at the new junction, than to maintain the old one with maybe undesired results.
When I work with a large number of clips or images in the timeline, I add transitions as late as possible. I also learned to use transitions with great hesitation. In many cases a simple hard change gives better results.
A_J_123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply, sad though it is. Similarly, if I add a clip to the end of the timeline I can slide it over the prvious one and get the option of fade but if I drop it in the middle between two clips when I'd like to fade in and out it only offers overwrite or insert. I'd love to have crossfade as an option as well.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Please send your suggestions to CL, they might want to do something with them,
A_J_123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, done that.