Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Imitating a slide show
PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
In a video shoot, instead of having fluid video on the green screen,
is it possible to pause the clip in various spots, so as to eliminate the
need for cumbersome post editing?
In other words, I'm hoping to get it all in one shot, so to speak. Intel i5-9400F / B 360M MB (MS-7B19) 2.9 Ghz /
32 GB DDR4 / Radeon RX580
Personal website https://www.PENwords.net
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I've read your post several times, Phoenix, and I'm still not clear what you're asking. (Maybe I'm just dense.)

What is it you're trying to save time doing?

It sounds like you might be talking about rear projection -- an old movie technique in which a movie is projected from behind on a semi-transparent sheet so that the person in front of it seems to be standing on a street in Paris, for instance, instead of in a movie studio.

Is that it?

If so, that's possible but it's also a process that even Hollywood has long abandoned, for a number of reasons. Green screening and C Chroma Key are much simpler and, with today's technology, so much more effective.
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've read your post several times, Phoenix, and I'm still not clear what you're asking. (Maybe I'm just dense.)

What is it you're trying to save time doing?

It sounds like you might be talking about rear projection -- an old movie technique in which a movie is projected from behind on a semi-transparent sheet so that the person in front of it seems to be standing on a street in Paris, for instance, instead of in a movie studio.

Is that it?

If so, that's possible but it's also a process that even Hollywood has long abandoned, for a number of reasons. Green screening and C Chroma Key are much simpler and, with today's technology, so much more effective.

While recording a video, for streaming,
I have a video clip running that will show by use of chroma key as a background
Total effect similar to a news broadcast where background is a moving picture
What I am trying to figure out is
can I pause that background momentarily during the recording?
Then, restart it...
Sort of like a slideshow in the background... Intel i5-9400F / B 360M MB (MS-7B19) 2.9 Ghz /
32 GB DDR4 / Radeon RX580
Personal website https://www.PENwords.net
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
What you can do is freeze tje video at the desired moments.
Move to the point you want the video to freeze.
Make sure that that point is "selected" showing the red line on the right spot.
Right click the mouse with the pointer in de video clip
Select Edit video in the menu
Click on Freeze frame.
The frame or image will be inserted on the position with a length that is specified in the preferences for insertion of images.
The duration of the image can be set to the length you want the video to freeze.

Repeat this at any place you want the video to freeze.
[Post New]
Quote What you can do is freeze tje video at the desired moments.
Move to the point you want the video to freeze.
Make sure that that point is "selected" showing the red line on the right spot.
Right click the mouse with the pointer in de video clip
Select Edit video in the menu
Click on Freeze frame.
The frame or image will be inserted on the position with a length that is specified in the preferences for insertion of images.
The duration of the image can be set to the length you want the video to freeze.

Repeat this at any place you want the video to freeze.

Sounds good.
Will try to do it that way.
Thank you.