Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fixed Area Blurring
[Post New]
Hello All,

Is there a way to set a section of my video for "Fixed Bluring"? For instance, I create a box and that section is blurred throughout the video? Unfortunately motion tracking is jumping all over the place, even though my video is one single take with no movement. Instead of trying to figure out motion tracking I just need to blur a brandname in a fixed section throughout the video.

Really appreciate the help, thank you!

Scott
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello All,

Is there a way to set a section of my video for "Fixed Bluring"? For instance, I create a box and that section is blurred throughout the video? Unfortunately motion tracking is jumping all over the place, even though my video is one single take with no movement. Instead of trying to figure out motion tracking I just need to blur a brandname in a fixed section throughout the video.

Really appreciate the help, thank you!

Scott

The same approach as shown here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84538.page#post_box_349522 will work. Just change the size to whatever you desire for the logo coverage.

Jeff
[Post New]

The same approach as shown here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84538.page#post_box_349522 will work. Just change the size to whatever you desire for the logo coverage.

Jeff

Thank you!
[Post New]

Jeff

And....that set of messages didnt help as I could not get it to work.
What I did was open a mask, mask the object I wanted blurred - can clicked inverse and it ALL went black.

I am back to my same question.
I have one single video, with no transitions or changes or movement other than me talking. I have a name brand sitting in a fixed position that I need to blur.

Motion tracking jumps around when I target that place, even though NOTHING on the video is moving other than me and I am center of frame.

Power Director People that are smarter than me (all of you!) , help please on blurring a fixed area.

Thanks

Scott
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Use the Blur Fx as was shown in the other post and pic, not a mask.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote Use the Blur Fx as was shown in the other post and pic, not a mask.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

Yes, I tried, but apparently don't know how to do that. I can pull it in, and blur the entire clip, but don't know how to use the Blur FX to just blur one section....?

Thanks!

Scott
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Simply modify the Fx and grab the white dots and resize, move and adjust to your liking. You can see in the pic it is being resized to video vertical height but narrowed horizontally and moved to the right side. Have a look at "Modifying a Video Effect" in the user guided.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That Blur fx works well. Click the Effect button and see Effect Settings. Click the Mask button. See the white outline with square white dots. Click and drag those white dots inward to mask only the sign and click OK. You can adjust the Degree and Gradient Depth too.

EDIT: Jeff answered first while I was still typing. This may help.
[Post New]
Quote That Blur fx works well. Click the Effect button and see Effect Settings. Click the Mask button. See the white outline with square white dots. Click and drag those white dots inward to mask only the sign and click OK. You can adjust the Degree and Gradient Depth too.

EDIT: Jeff answered first while I was still typing. This may help.

This was it!
I dont know why I found this so hard, and thank you!

Scott