Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capturing VHS on PowerDirector
Ellymoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2019 03:32 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I have the required hardware to send audio & visual data from my VHS to my computer via USB, but PowerDirector doesn't show me any options for capturing data thus transmitted. Can anyone help me please? Thank you.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
When you attach your capture dongle and enter the CAPTURE mode, do you see anything?
Are you using RCA or S-video connections? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Ellymoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply. I had to wait until I'd installed the (very old!) drivers for my hardware as I realised I hadn't done this! I've now done it - I think - and I can see the VHS playing on the computer screen but when I try to capture the video it captures a few seconds and then says "Screen recorder could not access the file. Check that there is enough space in the target folder." There's plenty of space, so I don't know what it's going on about..?!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Screen recorder?
I do not have version 19, but you should be capturing from the capture card.
What is your capture hardware? What name shows up in the analog capture interface?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2021 14:52

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for your reply. I had to wait until I'd installed the (very old!) drivers for my hardware as I realised I hadn't done this! I've now done it - I think - and I can see the VHS playing on the computer screen but when I try to capture the video it captures a few seconds and then says "Screen recorder could not access the file. Check that there is enough space in the target folder." There's plenty of space, so I don't know what it's going on about..?!

Hi,
Are you accessing the Capture module, File>Capture ?

If so you should have a number of possible input sources, only some of which might be active/available. Normally, from memory, as I don't have my capture device hooked up at the moment, you would use the Capture from TV Signal icon (someone shout out if I've got that wrong!!). Other icons active might be Webcam, Screen and Optical device.

""

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2021 15:16

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It is the eighth button from the left for the correct "Capture from Analog TV signal" that should be highlighted once a signal is seen. That button needs to be pressed to activate the capture, not the screen recorder button..
[Thumb - Eighth button from the Left.jpg]
 Filename
Eighth button from the Left.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
This is the button that should be highlighted and clicked.
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
22 time(s)
Ellymoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks all, I have sorted it now - I am just capturing the media from PowerDirector. smile You were right: I was in the wrong programme!