Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2 Hopefully easy questions... Audio crossfading and initial video not fitting screen
EV72 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2015 15:16 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I have 2 issues currently. First, when I have crossfaded two video clips (I have new PD365 btw) I got a "tunneling" effect on the audio. This has happened intermittently. I also rendered a quick clip and it was in the render too. This weird crossfade audio anomaly isnt there every time though. I wonder if there's a limit on how short the crossfade transition should be for it to work right? I never had this problem with my older Cyberlink Director.

Also, when I drag clips into the timeline, I am noticing the clips aren't fitting the screen perfectly. There is a small black bar on both sides. I had this similar issue with my older Cyberlink program and I alway just fixed it manually by double clicking on each clip and enabling the fade in and out. With this new 365 program, I can't even do that, and it looks like on new clips there is that same issue. Am I missing a setting that will automatically fit my clips perfectly to the entire frame? And i am talking about 16:9 ratio.

Thanks very much for your time and answers!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You aren't missing any settings, but it sounds like maybe your clips aren't exactly 16:9. You can share a sample clip here by using the Attachments button below the forum's text box.

It would also help to see a screenshot of your timeline that's zoomed in enough to see the duration of your crossfade. Use Alt + Print Screen or the Windows snipping tool (Win + Shift + S) if you have Win10, then save the image as PNG or JPG and upload it like the sample clip.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
The problem with audio during the transition, I have for fullhd videos, but after producing it is fine.If I use shadow files it greatly reduces it.
Problem with black side bands, in general videos made on smartphone, I have solved, by right clicking on a video in the timeline, choose; Set Clip Attributes; Set Aspect Ratio ...set, The aspect ratio of video is 16: 9Set Apply to all video clips / OK if applicable.
Another way to do it, zoom in the image to fill the screen, right click and choose; Copy Keyframe attributes.Select the videos you want to apply, right click, and choose paste Keyframe Attributes.

For more help follow optodata recommendation XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365