Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video files hevc x265 not imported
geoptin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2009 03:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!
PowerDVD 20 Ultra with the latest patch (PowerDVD_20.0.2325.62_GM3.5_Patch_DVD200907-14) installed on Windows 10 Pro x264.
My media files -movies and tv series- are all stored on usb external drives and they are in x264 and x265 format. PowerDVD 20 imports ALL my x264 video files but not the x265 files. I noticed there is disk activity (blinking light) as it tries to read the folders.

I also have PowerDVD 20 installed on another partition of the same SSD HD (Windows10 Pro x264) and in this case the application imports ALL my video files including the x265 ones.

Any suggestions???
Thanks, George

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2021 09:59

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi!
PowerDVD 20 Ultra with the latest patch (PowerDVD_20.0.2325.62_GM3.5_Patch_DVD200907-14) installed on Windows 10 Pro x264.
My media files -movies and tv series- are all stored on usb external drives and they are in x264 and x265 format. PowerDVD 20 imports ALL my x264 video files but not the x265 files. I noticed there is disk activity (blinking light) as it tries to read the folders.

I also have PowerDVD 20 installed on another partition of the same SSD HD (Windows10 Pro x264) and in this case the application imports ALL my video files including the x265 ones.

Any suggestions???
Thanks, George

Mine works fine to import HEVC videos. If the same file set import worked well on one of your partitions, did you install any specific codec software or antivirus/anti-malware software that might break the HEVC file import?

I might try reinstall powerdvd by not keeping personal settings to re-import the movies from scratch to check it out as well.

The instable power supply of USB external drive might also cause the failure or reading loop problem, too.
If both OS are using the same hardware, the power supply issue could be caused by that the related system hardware driver didn't operate properly on one of your Windows 10 installation.

fyr