Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using PowerDirector locks my phone in landscape for ALL apps.
Doug999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2021 21:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone else have this problem with PowerDirector? If so, any suggestions on how to fix it?

The issue is that when I use PowerDirector on my Android phone, the phone and every app on it gets locked into landscape orientation. Of course, my phone switches to landscape orientation when I edit a video project in PowerDirector. That's the default orientation.

However, if I switch to another app on my phone, it remains locked in landscape no matter what. Even when I exit from PowerDirector and close the application, my phone stays locked in landscape until I reboot the phone. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this problem, but it won't go away.

I suspect that it is an issue between PowerDirector and my phone, which is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro. But I don't know that for sure. This doesn't happen with any other application. It only happens when I use PowerDirector.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see anything like that on my Galaxy S8 running Android 9.

In fact, as soon as I tap the Recents icon ||| PD Mobile's mini view instantly flips so it's in portrait mode if I'm holding my phone vertically. I can change to any other app, and as soon as I swipe back to PD Mobile and tap it, the view swings back to landscape.

Maybe try uninstalling the app and rebooting.

I also have an app installed called Rotation, An Orientation Manager that can force the phone into either orientation no matter how it's physically held. I normally don't use it but it's possible that installing it could help if nothing else works.

You can request support directly from Cyberlink from this page.