Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New user question - how to delete entire track at once of multiple video clips?
Androtti [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2021 10:22 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi , I could not find this answer anywhere in tutorials.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If all objects on your timeline are on that single track, you can tyep Ctrl+A to select them all, then hit the Del key.

If you have more than one track, the easiest way to select all objects on a single track is to click on the first or last clip, then hold down the Shift key and click on the clip at the other end to select everything in between then delte them. Just like you'd do in Word or any other Windows app.
Androtti [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If all objects on your timeline are on that single track, you can tyep Ctrl+A to select them all, then hit the Del key.

If you have more than one track, the easiest way to select all objects on a single track is to click on the first or last clip, then hold down the Shift key and click on the clip at the other end to select everything in between then delte them. Just like you'd do in Word or any other Windows app.

I probably should have mentioned I am using an IPhone 6s. There is no control key.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well I also flubbed this answer because I responded as if you had the desktop version of PD rather than the PD Mobile app. Sorry about that!

I have the Android mobile version and don't see any way to delete an entire track. Unlike the desktop version, you can't select multiple clips at once so you'll have to click on each clip and delete them one at a time.

Maybe other users will have a better answer, but in the meantime you may want to let Cyberlink know that you'd like to be able to delete an entire track in a future version.

In the Android version, there's a tool under settings called FAQ & Send Feedback and I imagine there's a similar option in your version. I'm told the developers don't typically read forum posts, so using the in-app feedback tool will get the info to the right people.
Androtti [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Well I also flubbed this answer because I responded as if you had the desktop version of PD rather than the PD Mobile app. Sorry about that!

I have the Android mobile version and don't see any way to delete an entire track. Unlike the desktop version, you can't select multiple clips at once so you'll have to click on each clip and delete them one at a time.

Maybe other users will have a better answer, but in the meantime you may want to let Cyberlink know that you'd like to be able to delete an entire track in a future version.

In the Android version, there's a tool under settings called FAQ & Send Feedback and I imagine there's a similar option in your version. I'm told the developers don't typically read forum posts, so using the in-app feedback tool will get the info to the right people.

Sounds good!