Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing with 32 bit floating WAV files
Paul1983 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2019 09:05 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone attempted working with 32 bit floating WAV files in the PD timeline? Or AD for that matter?

I am investing in a new field recorder and am trying to figure out if the files it records will fit into my workflow with this program or if I will need to edit them in something else first.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Has anyone attempted working with 32 bit floating WAV files in the PD timeline? Or AD for that matter?

I am investing in a new field recorder and am trying to figure out if the files it records will fit into my workflow with this program or if I will need to edit them in something else first.

You can probably download the zip here and play with this 32 bit floating WAV file and see if editing meets your need. https://www.sounddevices.com/sample-32-bit-float-and-24-bit-fixed-wav-files/

Jeff
Paul1983 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2019 09:05 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]

You can probably download the zip here and play with this 32 bit floating WAV file and see if editing meets your need. https://www.sounddevices.com/sample-32-bit-float-and-24-bit-fixed-wav-files/

Jeff

This link was a great idea! I downloaded the sample blowout WAV and imported it into AudioDirector. With the -30dB Gain reduction it was clean with no distortion... Amazing! With the 24 bit, I'd be sunk on a blowout like that.

Thanks again for the link... that saved me a lot of hassle.