Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color Effects - Negative/Inverted
Rein_Quest [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2020 13:55 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have a video I'd like to do a color invertion to, like a photo negative. Black to white, ect.

What effect does that? Nothing appears to do what I'm looking for. An old thread said to use Solorize but that is not the effect I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a video I'd like to do a color invertion to, like a photo negative. Black to white, ect.

What effect does that? Nothing appears to do what I'm looking for. An old thread said to use Solorize but that is not the effect I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

You need to explain in detail what you are looking for. There is a threshold setting in Solarize. Move the slider to 0. For Black and White inversion also go to the Color correction/Saturation and set it to 0. Let us know if that works for you...
Rein_Quest [Avatar]
[Post New]

You need to explain in detail what you are looking for. There is a threshold setting in Solarize. Move the slider to 0. For Black and White inversion also go to the Color correction/Saturation and set it to 0. Let us know if that works for you...

I don't even know what that means, I see no settings to the effect. Its just drag to video... You have to explain how to do that. Like how I said I want black to = white, an exact inversion of colors. I don't know how to detail that any better. Google photo negative if you don't understand.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I don't even know what that means, I see no settings to the effect. Its just drag to video... You have to explain how to do that. Like how I said I want black to = white, an exact inversion of colors. I don't know how to detail that any better. Google photo negative if you don't understand.

Hi,

I'm sure Tomasc understands the concept and offered a couple of starting points.

When you drag the effect to the clip, you will see a new Effect button appear, selecting that will give you access to any effect you have applied and their respective controls. For Solarize, you have a 0-255 slider range.

Using an RBG colour chart and an inverted RGB colour chart for comparison, setting the value to 0 appears to give a correct colour inversion.

If you need to change colours to monochrome you will also have to set the Fix/Enhance>Color Adjustment>Saturation to 0

Is this what you require?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Rein_Quest [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

I'm sure Tomasc understands the concept and offered a couple of starting points.

When you drag the effect to the clip, you will see a new Effect button appear, selecting that will give you access to any effect you have applied and their respective controls. For Solarize, you have a 0-255 slider range.

Using an RBG colour chart and an inverted RGB colour chart for comparison, setting the value to 0 appears to give a correct colour inversion.

If you need to change colours to monochrome you will also have to set the Fix/Enhance>Color Adjustment>Saturation to 0

Is this what you require?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Perhaps my reply was a bit harsh, the learning curve is not as easy as Share Factory or KineMaster.

Lets assume your talking to a person who has never used this software for more than making multiple videos into one video. I mean I only just learned how to add text overlays and not even in a way that looks good.

Where does this button appear? This might be the sloution I just don't see what I'm suposed to do for these settings. A picture would help greatly if that is possible.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Perhaps my reply was a bit harsh, the learning curve is not as easy as Share Factory or KineMaster.

Lets assume your talking to a person who has never used this software for more than making multiple videos into one video. I mean I only just learned how to add text overlays and not even in a way that looks good.

Where does this button appear? This might be the sloution I just don't see what I'm suposed to do for these settings. A picture would help greatly if that is possible.

Hi,
Try this link for a quick screencap of how it works:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17W83CQYA9LDF40aHDlmEo-IR35a-1qrB/view

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Ha! PDM posted first with the same info, but here are the screenshots anyway...

How about this:

Go to the FX room and start typing solarize into the search box. when you see the effect, drag and drop it onto your clip:

Next, click on the Effect button above the timeline and move the Threshold slider all the way to 0:

It may help to watch some tutorials to get a better understanding of how PD is designed to work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2021 16:14