Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color Match issue when using LUTs or Color Presets
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
When answering the recent question about applying LUTs to multiple clips, I found something unusual about the Color Match tool.

Previously I've used it to approximately match clips with LUTs or Color Presets applied, but in 19.1.2321.0 that's no longer possible.

If I have two timeline clips and apply a preset or LUT to one of them and open them both in the Color Match tool, the only time the preset or LUT appears is when that clip is in the Target position.

Placing the preset/LUT clip in the Reference position, either by selecting it before opening the CM tool or by using the swap button with the tool open, removes the preset/LUT so it's not possible to match the other clip to it.

Here's a short video showing the issue:

I've just reported it to CL and I'll post back once they confirm that it's a problem or let me know that's how the tool is now intended to work for some reason.

Ticket # is CS002287802

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2021 16:14

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
CL confirmed this is a problem back on Jan 15th but I didn't know until I logged in this evening to check the status on 3 open tickets.

Not sure why the emails didn't arrive, but I also haven't gotten any notifications when someone PMs me even though my profile is set to do that.