Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen recorder not recording device and stops, but everything else works flawless.
dln78 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2015 15:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to bother.

I’m using the latest Screen Recorder and latest power director 365 from cyberlink, only downloaded mid Dec 2020.

Now, when using screen recorder to capture PC footage it works flawless, great picture, great frame rates, great audio distribution between game audio and Mic and great webcam imbed.

When pressing the record button, of course I get the 321 countdown and we are off, the 'stop recording' and 'pause' button become available, so i can stop/pause recording at anytime.

HOWEVER, when using the program to capture a device, using a flint 4k pro passthrough 60fps, the preview screen pops up beautifully with screen recorder and it all looks great, until i press the record button, the counter counts down as normal, but, the stop and pause button are greyed out and the program become unresponsive every time I hit record, so i always have to end task the program, as it won’t even let me press the 'x'.

The strange thing is, this has worked once and it looked great with no frame drops from a Nintendo switch!! Now, as said, the moment i press record button, the program gives the impression this is recording, but, as said, the pause and stop button can’t be clicked, the program just freezes, yet the screen-record preview screen is still working and showing what I’m doing on the consoles.

Now it isn’t the capture card or PC, as the capture works great on Bandicam and Pro clone. I know i can use these programs, but, I got the best result from screen recorder with regards to frames and audio from the one time it did work. I don’t suppose anyone would know what could possibly be preventing the program from recording and why the program seems to stop when using device.

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2021 08:23

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like you've got a fairly complex setup, and I'm wondering if the standalone version of ScreenRecorder4 might be better suited for your situation.

You can download the free trial US version here, and simply click on the globe icon showing United States at the upper right of the web page if you need to change the region. Here's more info on the full version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2021 23:44

dln78 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2015 15:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It sounds like you've got a fairly complex setup, and I'm wondering if the standalone version of ScreenRecorder4 might be better suited for your situation.

You can download the free trial US version here, and simply click on the globe icon showing United States at the upper right of the web page if you need to change the region. Here's more info on the full version.

Thanks for the response. I will try that later and let you know. Again thanks.