Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shutterstock files location
Pauls&b153 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2020 03:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to ensure shutterstock downloaded files (on my laptop) are stored 'Not' in the cloud (such as onedrive), because I frequently work at a location with only a mobile link, and not with a wifi connection via cable. PD and Shutterstock seem to choose onedrive, but I don't want my 'stuff' there, unless I choose it so. I really need all files in my projects to be accessed from within my laptop or at least from an external harddrive that I always carry with the laptop. Onedrive has got it's place in the pc world, but ....... in my case despite connecting via a 'mobile' data link (hotspot .. whatever the name is) down load is s_l_o_w .... and often not possible as the mobile link is 'e' or 'h+'(only rarely 4g, and sort of pricey). I'm nervous about transfering old project file locations to the external hard drive, but for new projects can I specify the external hard drive as the place to put shutterstock stuff. I use onedrive as a backup, but not when actually working on a project. Hoping makes sense.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pauls e b153

In the library, right click on the file.
Choose, View Properties, in the window look at File location: it shows your Donwload storage location XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is it possible to ensure shutterstock downloaded files (on my laptop) are stored 'Not' in the cloud (such as onedrive), because I frequently work at a location with only a mobile link, and not with a wifi connection via cable. PD and Shutterstock seem to choose onedrive, but I don't want my 'stuff' there, unless I choose it so. I really need all files in my projects to be accessed from within my laptop or at least from an external harddrive that I always carry with the laptop. Onedrive has got it's place in the pc world, but ....... in my case despite connecting via a 'mobile' data link (hotspot .. whatever the name is) down load is s_l_o_w .... and often not possible as the mobile link is 'e' or 'h+'(only rarely 4g, and sort of pricey). I'm nervous about transfering old project file locations to the external hard drive, but for new projects can I specify the external hard drive as the place to put shutterstock stuff. I use onedrive as a backup, but not when actually working on a project. Hoping makes sense.

Just make sure you don't access the Shutterstock content outside of the software. I received a YouTube copyright strike on my video about Shutterstock. My contacts at CyberLink think I received the strike due to accessing the Shutterstock content from my PC which is a violation of the EULA.
<p style="font-weight: 400;">
<p style="font-weight: 400;">You shall not do the following:
<p style="font-weight: 400;">- download or otherwise access the raw Shutterstock Content data files outside of the SOFTWARE
<p style="font-weight: 400;">
<p style="font-weight: 400;">I don't want you to have to go through what I'm going through.
AlSorrell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2016 16:25 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is it possible to ensure shutterstock downloaded files (on my laptop) are stored 'Not' in the cloud (such as onedrive), because I frequently work at a location with only a mobile link, and not with a wifi connection via cable. PD and Shutterstock seem to choose onedrive, but I don't want my 'stuff' there, unless I choose it so. I really need all files in my projects to be accessed from within my laptop or at least from an external harddrive that I always carry with the laptop. Onedrive has got it's place in the pc world, but ....... in my case despite connecting via a 'mobile' data link (hotspot .. whatever the name is) down load is s_l_o_w .... and often not possible as the mobile link is 'e' or 'h+'(only rarely 4g, and sort of pricey). I'm nervous about transfering old project file locations to the external hard drive, but for new projects can I specify the external hard drive as the place to put shutterstock stuff. I use onedrive as a backup, but not when actually working on a project. Hoping makes sense.

At least for images & videos, these are stored under wherever your Documents directory points
You can Google "How to Change the My Documents Folder Storage Location" to change if you really want to...
Al