Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Snapshot with black bars
Chrissyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2012 06:12 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD 365 v19.1.2321. When poducing snapshots from video using the 'camera' button, the resulting jpgs have black bars accross the top and bottom on landscape shots and accross the two sides on portrait shots. Resulting in a great deal of cropping required on the jpg photos. Previous versions of PD have only taken a snapshot of the actual subjects in the frame - therefore no cropping required. Can anyone please help me with this problem, I can't seem to find a setting to change. Many thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That sounds like you have clips with a different aspect ration than the project. For example, 4:3 or 21:9 clips in a 16:9 project.

There are no settings to change, and the only thing you can do is to use the PiP Designer (or drag the control button in the middle of one of the sides with the black bars on the preview screen) to enlarge the scale to fill out the entire screen.
Chrissyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2012 06:12 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That sounds like you have clips with a different aspect ration than the project. For example, 4:3 or 21:9 clips in a 16:9 project.

There are no settings to change, and the only thing you can do is to use the PiP Designer (or drag the control button in the middle of one of the sides with the black bars on the preview screen) to enlarge the scale to fill out the entire screen.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my query. Yes I use different aspect ratios, I create home movies from my family's raw footage, taken on various devices. This has not been a problem on earlier versions of PD - I have often taken snapshots from video with all ratio sizes and no black bars. It seems to be a new thing on PD19. Such a shame to change a feature in a negative way rather than enhancing it. Thanks again.