Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector Won't Produce Video at ALL
Farkus2277 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2020 17:28 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I had been using the free version of PowerDirector mobile with my Pixel XL and recently got a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra so decided to pay for the full version of the software to take advantage of the amazing cameras on the new phone. I produced a few videos just as before, now in 4k with no problems. Then recently started to have issues and whenever I click on the "produce video" button it highlights, but the next screen with output options doesn't even show up.

A ticket with CyberLink has been started, but all their troubleshooting steps haven't changed a thing and they have gone silent despite my providing all requested information including screen capture videos of the issues.

I am not sure if this could be related to the PowerDirector update, Android 11 drop, or even my using the SD slot for storage on the phone, but these are the only things I can think of that changed around the time the issues started happening.

Below I will describe the issues and provide the same information that CyberLink asked for. I have really enjoyed the app so it is a shame to have such a bad experience so soon after deciding to buy the full version. Any help is appreciated!

Once done editing the "produce video" button lights up when clicked but nothing happens. The menu with production options doesn't even appear. Then if I go back to home, none of my projects are shown. If I close the app and restart, the projects are there, but the thumbnails are black. Sometimes, when trying to preview a project it hangs completely or has sound with no video. Other times preview works OK.

This happens with a variety of files I have tried, all recorded in 4k HDR on my Samsung S20 Ultra. I have used this phone and application previously with no issues and believe it may be related to Powerdirector update or Android 11 update, but cannot say for sure.

OS is Android 11

PowerDirector version is 8.0.1, build 92250

Device is Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

Videos showing issues:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F0A3DI09PkN6zHDezcWgUKa-AQBRoAy_/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F0vMlk_uC2TZ5aGQKDiKiFfEMmA5ETql/view?usp=drivesdk
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Can't really test this, as I do not have that high spec hardware/OS.

Just for clarification though, I note that the timeline video is just green, with no thumbnails, and I can't see on my system any facility to turn them off?
Have you turned them off somewhere, or is this an indication that something is going wrong, resulting in the inability to reach the produce screen?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Farkus2277 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
Can't really test this, as I do not have that high spec hardware/OS.

Just for clarification though, I note that the timeline video is just green, with no thumbnails, and I can't see on my system any facility to turn them off?
Have you turned them off somewhere, or is this an indication that something is going wrong, resulting in the inability to reach the produce screen?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Huh I didn't notice that particular difference, but now that you mention it I do wonder if that has something to do with it. Like the imported clip hasn't fully loaded for some reason. I didn't turn thumbnails off in settings nor do I see that as an option, so assuming the new version of PowerDirector still has thumbnails on the video timelines I'm not sure why my videos don't.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
On my Galaxy S8 with Android 9, I have no problems even if the clip is still green on the timeline, but maybe try telling the app to use lower resolution files after adding your clip to the timeline.

Even if your phone doesn't technically need them, that would force the app to process the clip.
Farkus2277 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote On my Galaxy S8 with Android 9, I have no problems even if the clip is still green on the timeline, but maybe try telling the app to use lower resolution files after adding your clip to the timeline.

Even if your phone doesn't technically need them, that would force the app to process the clip.

How do you set it to lower resolution after adding to the timeline? I can't find that setting.

Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's a pop-up that only occurs when you drag a new clip to the timeline, and you may need to go to Settings > Reset All Tips to restore it. To force the app to process the clip, click on OK:

If you permanently enable processing, you'll see this dialog each time you add a new clip:

Farkus2277 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It's a pop-up that only occurs when you drag a new clip to the timeline, and you may need to go to Settings > Reset All Tips to restore it. To force the app to process the clip, click on OK:

If you permanently enable processing, you'll see this dialog each time you add a new clip:

Hey this seems to have helped! Only one test so far, but after converting for editing, I was able to cut and adjust the picture then produce the video. After checking the specs of the converted file and the produced one, converted one for edits is 1080p and final produced clip is 4k so I'm happy!

Thanks for the help optodata!
optodata
[Post New]
I'm very glad to hear that! You may want to let CL tech support know what you've found by including a link to this thread, and I also think you should give them a sample clip as it's possible that's where the problem is coming from rather than from you running Android 11.

You can also share it here if you'd like for one oif us to try it out. Upload it to Google Drive or OneDrive and paste a publicly shareable link here. See this FAQ for more details.