Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Purchased Power2Go 13 last night
PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Bought at about midnight. Installed early this morning.
Have spent hours and wasted countless DVD's trying to
burn some Xmas videos from years gone by that are saved to my HD

The most progress I reach is 20% when everything halts.
I have let the program idle for at most an hour at that position.

No other programs running.
System is Windows 10 with 8 gb ram, i tb space at present on hd

Beginning to believe this is close to hopeless.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
It's hard to help when you didn't submit the requested information so we can fully understand your setup:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77504.page#post_box_317220

It could be the original video clips have errors in them, or your disc drive firmware needs to be updated. Try using Handbrake to convert some of the files, and burn the discs at the slowest burn rate in the meantime.

Dave
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The most progress I reach is 20% when everything halts.
I have let the program idle for at most an hour at that position.

Beginning to believe this is close to hopeless.

You may want to buy a pack of dvd+rw so that you can erase and reuse them for testing purposes instead of making throw away dvds. It is best that you contact Cyberlink support and give them the same information. Someone there may have a possible answer.

Reaching and stopping 20% in authoring but not in burning may indicate a menu failure. It is for PowerDirector users. Try no menu or a different menu and see if it can go past that 20%. Use a menu that has not been tinkered with like from the DZ to improve your chances of making a good dvd. Unless someone here experienced the same failure then no one can possibly know the answer. In PowerDirector that dvd can be reused as no burning has occurred on that dvd disc yet.

There is a patch build 2024 available for you to install in the support pages for increased compatibility with win 10.