Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mask issue
ROC1929 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2020 08:07 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings –
I have searched this forum for posts regarding this issue but not found any so I will post it here. I hope someone with will be able to offer a solution. I hope there is a simple "change your____setting" for this!

This has to do with using masks, I’ll describe it as follows:

• I put an image or video clip on the timeline. For discussion, lets say it is 8 seconds long.

• I put a photo on the timeline below it of the same duration and mask part of it so the underlying image/video shows through (the issue is the same using still images or videos underneath the masked image)

• After getting that done and clicking ‘ok” the problem arises. The first couple of seconds of the masked “overlay” image just disappear. There is nothing there, all that is visible is the underlying image for 2 +/- seconds.

I have tried:

• Stretching my overlay/masked image left on the time line for an amount of time equal to the blank section in hopes that when it does start to show it will be visible when it is needed at the start of the underlying clip. No luck, the blank section just starts 2+/- seconds earlier and is now 4+/- seconds long, still not masking the clip it is supposed to cover until the same point in the timeline 2+/- seconds after the start of the underlying clip.

• Outside of PD, saving the two clips with new file names and using those instead of the ones I was using.

• Starting a whole new project just using the two clips involved. Same problem.

• Starting a whole new project using just new re-named clip files. No luck there either.

My thinking on starting a new project with the 2 clips only was I could make a separate video of them, then insert it into the larger overall video I am working on.

I am grateful for this place I can ask about things like this and really appreciate any suggestions others may offer. Thanks in advance!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 11. 2020 09:51

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ROC1929

I took a look here, I verified that it has 4 options: image, text, drawing works the last one seems to be in error, besides darkening the image making it difficult to visualize it doesn't work
If you use the 3rd option I think you can create the mask with a pencil it should work
ROC1929 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2020 08:07 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi ROC1929

I took a look here, I verified that it has 4 options: image, text, drawing works the last one seems to be in error, besides darkening the image making it difficult to visualize it doesn't work
If you use the 3rd option I think you can create the mask with a pencil it should work

Thanks! I'll see if one of those other options work better - I forgot to mention I was using the "free-form" or "user-defined mask" button.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I checked today, the clipping mask looks normal, applied directly to the video or to an image on the track below. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365