Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Files Cannot Be Found
Daniel2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2020 03:37 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. Whenever I log in, I can't open my project because it says the media files cannot be found. They were on a removable disk (hard drive) but I never had this problem until today. I did not change any names of any files and I can open them on my computer, but not on PowerDirector for some reason. Please help!! Using Chromebook.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
When you see the message that some media cannot be found, click on/tap Details and see whare PD is looking for them.

I don't know why PD Mobile isn't able to find them if you say they haven't been moved,, but you may be able to copy the clips to those locations with PDM closed and it should find them. Your existing project should work when you reopen the app.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 10. 2020 23:26

Daniel2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2020 03:37 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When you see the message that some media cannot be found, click on/tap Details and see whare PD is looking for them.

I don't know why PD Mobile isn't able to find them if you say they haven't been moved,, but you may be able to copy the clips to those locations with PDM closed and it should find them. Your existing project should work when you reopen the app.

Confusingly, the files also appear in PowerDirector as ones I can add, but not in the video timeline. Maybe it isn't searching in the correct drive anymore? Although I don't know why. I wish there was some way to see/edit the pds file. Maybe someone with experience in PowerDirector/Chromebook/Linux(?) reach out privately if they think they have a solution? I can compensate you for your time trying to figure this out through screen grab chat if needed because I need some guidance here.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can export the project to Google Drive or Cyberlink Cloud then open it in the desktop version of PD if you have the Windows or Mac version.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Confusingly, the files also appear in PowerDirector as ones I can add, but not in the video timeline. Maybe it isn't searching in the correct drive anymore? Although I don't know why. I wish there was some way to see/edit the pds file. Maybe someone with experience in PowerDirector/Chromebook/Linux(?) reach out privately if they think they have a solution? I can compensate you for your time trying to figure this out through screen grab chat if needed because I need some guidance here.

Hi,

Sorry, don't have a chromebook to test with but PDRMobile is installed on my android phone.

Coupling up the phone to the desktop - just for ease of file browsing - the location of PDR projects is:

This PC\Nokia 5.1 Plus\Internal shared storage\PowerDirector\projects, so ignore the "This PC\Nokia 5.1 Plus\".

I started a single clip project and pdr saved it saved as forumtest.pdrproj.

As with win10 project .pds files. the mobile .pdsproj file can be examined with a plain text editor - I used Notepad.

{"version":20201119,"tracks":[{"type":1,"valid":true,"audioGain":1.0,"volume":1.0,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[{"beginUs":0,"endUs":18276377,"valid":true,"timelineClip":{"isTrimmedAfterReverse":false,"isSplittedAfterReverse":false,"InTimeUSBeforeReverse":0,"OutTimeUSBeforeReverse":0,"isUltraHDVideo":false,"enableInstaFill":false,"filePath":"/storage/71E6-11F1/DCIM/VID_20201128_112750.mp4","mime-type":"video/mp4","audio-tx":{"glfx":{"name":"Fade","category":"Transition"},"durationUs":4000000},"fx":[],"orientation":90,"width":1920,"height":1080,"isReverse":false,"inTimeUs":0,"outTimeUs":18276377,"originalDurationUs":18276377,"type":1},"volume":1.0,"isMute":false,"fadeInDurationUs":0,"fadeOutDurationUs":0,"UserRotate":0,"keyframe":{"keyframes":{}},"audioEffectType":0}]},{"type":2,"valid":true,"audioGain":0.5,"volume":0.5,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":2,"valid":true,"audioGain":0.5,"volume":0.5,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":2,"valid":true,"audioGain":0.5,"volume":0.5,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":2,"valid":true,"audioGain":0.5,"volume":0.5,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":2,"valid":true,"audioGain":0.5,"volume":0.5,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":2,"valid":true,"audioGain":0.5,"volume":0.5,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":2,"valid":true,"audioGain":0.5,"volume":0.5,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":2,"valid":true,"audioGain":0.5,"volume":0.5,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":2,"valid":true,"audioGain":0.5,"volume":0.5,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":4,"valid":true,"audioGain":1.0,"volume":1.0,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":4,"valid":true,"audioGain":1.0,"volume":1.0,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":4,"valid":true,"audioGain":1.0,"volume":1.0,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":4,"valid":true,"audioGain":1.0,"volume":1.0,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":4,"valid":true,"audioGain":1.0,"volume":1.0,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":4,"valid":true,"audioGain":1.0,"volume":1.0,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":4,"valid":true,"audioGain":1.0,"volume":1.0,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":4,"valid":true,"audioGain":1.0,"volume":1.0,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]},{"type":4,"valid":true,"audioGain":1.0,"volume":1.0,"isMute":false,"timelineUnit":[]}],"projectName":"forumtest","countSave":1,"aspectRatio":0,"isFirstTimeAddParticle":false,"waterMarkRightMargin":-1.0,"waterMarkBottomMargin":-1.0}

As you can see highlighted, the file path and location is in plain text.

Please note:
Opening a project file runs the risk of corrupting it, if the incorrect text editor is used or the file is saved in anything other than plain text!! Open a project file at your own risk - better still work on a copy of the file!

So, using similar techniques with your chromebook, maybe you might be able to ascertain the file locations held in your project file so that you can see if they have changed??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello. Whenever I log in, I can't open my project because it says the media files cannot be found. They were on a removable disk (hard drive) but I never had this problem until today. I did not change any names of any files and I can open them on my computer, but not on PowerDirector for some reason. Please help!! Using Chromebook.

Have you tried clearing the cache to make the app connect to the files again? Unless you chose to save ypur PowerDirector files to an alternate location the project files are stored under: My Files > Internal Storage > PowerDirector > projects.