Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not able to get both videos in when I try to edit for a reaction video
Tyler12345678 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2020 18:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
So i'm trying to figure out how to get the video in picture in picture so I can react to it while having my videos in there at the same time. When I edit the video its all how it should be. When I render the video its all how it should be but once the video is actually done rendering all I can see is the video of myself and then once the other video is supposed to start that i'm reacting to its black for the entire time the other video should be playing. I want this all to be playing at the same time.

I can hear the video but I cant see the video and I also can not see myself. After the video goes off then it goes back to me closing out the video. I have the video im reacting to minimized in the screen so you can see me like 70% and the video im reacting to is like 30%. I dont understand what im doing wrong so any help would be appreciated.

The weird thing is I actually have the video im reacting to muted because the audio is coming through my headphones clear enough and I dont want an echo. So the fact that I can even hear it and not see it or myself at the same time is very strange.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Take a screenshot of your timeline with the playhead positioned so that we can see your PiP in the preview screen. Save it as a JPG or PNG and use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to share it here.
Tyler12345678 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Take a screenshot of your timeline with the playhead positioned so that we can see your PiP in the preview screen. Save it as a JPG or PNG and use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to share it here.

i'm not too familiar with how to screenshot on PC so here is a video.
 Filename
20201208195154.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2373 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
157 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the video. Most of them are too big to attach to the forum so I'm glad yours was quick and small enough to make it through. (If you need to take a screenshot in the future, use Alt+Print Screen on a full-size keyboard or the Win key+Shift+S for the screen snipping tool)

So you've got the tracks set with #1 at the bottom and that's where your reaction clip is, and the Dave Chappelle clip is above it and reduced in size. Everything looks great, and I see that you have Dave's audio unchecked at the far left so you shouldn't hear any of it in the finished video.

The part I'm still trying to understand is what's going on that gives you a black/empty PiP video. I don't see why that would happen but it's possible that there's a problem with that clip or how PD decodes/encodes it.

Can you try unchecked the Enable hardware decoding box under Hardware Acceleration (gear menu) and then try producing with the Fast Video rendering technology box UNchecked on the Produce page?
Tyler12345678 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Take a screenshot of your timeline with the playhead positioned so that we can see your PiP in the preview screen. Save it as a JPG or PNG and use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to share it here.

It actually worked 😂 thankyou