Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Keyframe buttons disabled in Pan Crop and Zoom Window
ROC1929 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2020 08:07 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi -

I have recently upgraded my old 2013 version of PD to 19/365 and I have a problem. In the “Pan, Crop and Zoom” window, the Keyframe buttons are disabled. I miss them, and it doesn’t truly “pan crop and zoom” without being able to use them.

I can pick the “keyframe” button above the timeline and a window opens that allows me to work with key frames, but the are still disabled (gray out) and unusable in the “Pan, Crop and Zoom” window. I had finally figured out how to use those in the old version I had, then my old computer died, now I have a new computer and new PD software, but the old version is gone forever and I can’t go back.

Anyone have a tip on how to activate those keyframe buttons in the “Pan, Crop and Zoom” window? It would be a great help, much appreciated and relieve considerable frustration!

Thanks very much.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 08. 2020 09:06

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Here it works after I move the cursor to the right XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
ROC1929 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Here it works after I move the cursor to the right

Thanks - I have tried, wiggling, tickling, scooting, pushing and pulling my mouse & cursor around and any number of forms of "clicking" to no avail. Maybe I am over doing it and will try again. Thanks-
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks - I have tried, wiggling, tickling, scooting, pushing and pulling my mouse & cursor around and any number of forms of "clicking" to no avail. Maybe I am over doing it and will try again. Thanks-

What AVPlayVideo means is that you have to move the playhead away from the starting position.

You can hit the spacebar, click on the Play button or drag the playhead anywhere on the on the track. As soon as you move it ~7 or more frames from the beginning, the keyframe buttons will all activate.

You're free to set the inital keyframe's zoom/pan/crop even without activating the other buttons.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 08. 2020 13:12

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks - I have tried, wiggling, tickling, scooting, pushing and pulling my mouse & cursor around and any number of forms of "clicking" to no avail. Maybe I am over doing it and will try again. Thanks-

Highlight a clip. Link: How to Stabilize Video Footage and Use the Crop, Zoom & Pan Tools (cyberlink.com) . According to this tutorial: https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/powerdirector-video-editing-software/1185/how-to-stabilize-video-footage-and-use-the-crop-zoom-pan-tools .

1. Click on the right of the cursor.

2. Click Add a keyframe.

3. Move the blue dot to center where you want it to be.

Repeat the 3 steps above in order until there is no more space left on the right of the cursor.
ROC1929 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks very much. I have new hope and will try again this evening!

Highlight a clip. Link: How to Stabilize Video Footage and Use the Crop, Zoom & Pan Tools (cyberlink.com) . According to this tutorial: https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/powerdirector-video-editing-software/1185/how-to-stabilize-video-footage-and-use-the-crop-zoom-pan-tools .

1. Click on the right of the cursor.

2. Click Add a keyframe.

3. Move the blue dot to center where you want it to be.

Repeat the 3 steps above in order until there is no more space left on the right of the cursor.
ROC1929 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again for the help!! That worked and I was able to move forward with my project the way I hoped.

If anyone is interested, I use Power Director to make my own music videos, here is a sample from my Youtube Channel: Muddy Water

(shameless self-promotion" here, feel free to watch as many others on my channel as you want and share with friends, and subscribe to it......my goal when I started it a year ago in June was to become a "YouTube Sensation"...that hasn't quite panned out...don't give up you day job as they say... )

The videos you find there were made with the old 2013 version, and vary in complexity. Some are simple slide shows with music. Some are more elaborate.

Thanks again for the generous sharing of helpful information!