Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Import to PD15 Multicam Designer
mikiek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2020 12:44 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone. I have a problem and I'm sure there must be a simple solution for this but I can't come up with it. A little background:

I videoed a performance using 2 recorders. On 1 I used a shotgun mic for the audio. On the other I thought I was using the on camera mic but it ended up with no audio for the video (a long story). My intention was to use both recordings in the multicam designer but without the audio to sync that wasn't working. I played around using the regular PD designer with one recording on timeline 1 and the other on timeline 2. After sliding them around for a while, purely by chance I managed to get the recordings synched. I split both recordings at the sync spot, removed the lead up and slid the remainder left to 0:00. So on the timeline I now have both recordings starting at the sync spot.

So my problem is I still want to use the MCD to merge the recordings but I can't seem to get the recordings from the timeline imported into the MCD. When I try to import from the media library it pulls in the entire file, not the edited version on the timeline. I suspect there's some trick to allow this but I haven't come up with one so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There's no trick because you can't import clips from the timeline - only from the hard drive or media library.

The best thing to do is to disable the track with the complete clip on the timeline and produce the synced video and audio track to combine them. If an SVRT profile is available, you'll produce the clip in a few seconds without any loss of video or audio quality, then you can import the clip from the media library into the MCD.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Or, since it sounds like you just trimmed the excessive lead in on one camera to sync, simply look how much you trimmed off to the frame level and when videos are brought into MCD from the media library, slide the one video the same amount to the frame level and you have the same sync.

Jeff