Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why is there a lag on the timeline at 2 Title joins
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have a 2 min project. It starts with a few second vid clip then tansitions into a title for a few seconfs and this type of thing is repeated.

Every time I play the tarck, when the first vid comes to the title, it stops but the audio keeps going, then the vid catches up.

I am becoming frustring because everytime I need to make a change I have to produce a movie to actual see what is happeing real time. I have had to do this a few times and I feel I must see if this is normal rendering or what.

BTW. Everthing except audio is on Track 1.

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You didn't mention whether the title were motion graphics or if you had any effects or animation applied, but all of those things can slow previewing down. You can try turning on shadow files (wait for the yellow tags on all media library clips to turn green) and/or lower the preview resolution.

You can also use the Range Select tool and then use the new Render Preview button. You can instead use Produce Range and replace the clips and titles with the produced version which won't slow PD down at all.
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You didn't mention whether the title were motion graphics or if you had any effects or animation applied, but all of those things can slow previewing down. You can try turning on shadow files (wait for the yellow tags on all media library clips to turn green) and/or lower the preview resolution.

You can also use the Range Select tool and then use the new Render Preview button. You can instead use Produce Range and replace the clips and titles with the produced version which won't slow PD down at all.

Many thanks.

One title is a pure default text scroll where I have also coloured some text and another is..

'Party_04 which is one of the default ones, with my own text added.

I will try your suggestions and thank you for giving them. Let's hope !

BTW This is the first time over the years with PD that I have had this prob too.

oz
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Ok. Make sure you've got the most recent patch which was just released this week. The initial PD19/365 version had terrible troubles working with scrolling titles but that seems to have been fixed now.