Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Initial thoughts on the 19.1.2321.0 release
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The first time I downloaded the update was about 12:00 forum time, and it took almost 10 minutes because I think CL's server was extremely busy. Downloading two of the new title packs also took over a minute each, but when I download the same items on my laptop about 2 hours ago, everything went much quicker.

At first glance, the new UX is quite spartan as there are no longer any "rooms." Capture, Edit, Produce and Create Disc are gone and there's only a single Produce button at the top near the end of the regular menus.

The Settings (gear icon) is now at the far top right and there's no longer the large PowerDirector text logo to click on to see the product details. You now have to use the Help menu or click on the PDR icon at the top left of the window to pull up that screen.

I very much like the ability to change the width of the Explorer view for all media, PIP objects, FX etc. content. I also like the new double-click in the track header to grow or shrink the track height, but it has to be done to each video and each audio track individually. It's not a universal action for all tracks (or all track types like the right-click context menu has).

Using the Alt key to turn off snap to clip seems to work, and the new functionality of applying the same CLUT, color preset or transition is very nice, but it's not obvious how to do it.

You have to first select a timeline track, then click on the item you want to apply (like a Color Preset). Unfortunately, doing that deselects the timeline track so it's no longer obvious which track you're working with.

Next you have to right-click on the preset and choose Apply Selected Effect to All Clips on Selected Track, but the only indication that the effect has been applied is that a little black "i" box will be applied to the "selected" track's clips. In this screenshot, you cannot see which track was selected after right-clicking on the effect:

Also, it's been awhile since a real WTF glitch appeared in a new PD release, but I found one.

The timeline Tools button has a funky text character that looks like a Texas longhorn symbol and the right and lower borders are corrupted.

The WTF part is that if you click on the Maximize/Restore Down icon with a clip selected, the Tools button becomes disabled and no longer functions. WTF does that tool have to do with a window resize (even when the actual window size doesn't change)?

I have no idea, but at least the tool comes back if you select any other clip and then select the clip you want to work with again. This is what I'm talking about:

UPDATE: The weird character in the Tools button is actually a down arrow/chevron that is distorted by PD's interaction with Win10's Scale and layout setting. I made the screen recording on my Surface Book 3 with the scale set to 200% (Recommended) for its 3240x2160 display.

If I change the scale to 150% like my desktop uses for its 4K monitor, the arrow/chevron is displayed correctly, however it still becomes disabled when changing from full screen to window mode or back to full screen.

I originally didn't see the Tools button become disabled on my desktop, but I did as soon as I changed the Windows scale to 200%. The problem remains even after changing the setting back to 150%.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 01. 2020 21:45

3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
I also like the progress the Timeline has made.
I also would like to see that it's possible to remove those unused tracks, there are always at least 3 video+audio tracks, used or not.
Next thing I would like to see implemented is a keyboard hotkey to quickly add video or audio tracks only.

Q: what's the meaning of these red dots
[Thumb - Untitled.png]
 Filename
Untitled.png
[Disk]
 Description
red dots
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
68 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 01. 2020 15:25

Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's a question I can answer

Just like in the App Manager, a red dot means there's new content. Once you click on the library you'll see the new content pack or group, and after you click on that to expand it the dot will disappear.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I also like the progress the Timeline has made.
I also would like to see that it's possible to remove those unused tracks, there are always at least 3 video+audio tracks, used or not.
Next thing I would like to see implemented is a keyboard hotkey to quickly add video or audio tracks only.

Q: what's the meaning of these red dots

Hello,

Yes, Optodata is correct on this. More info in the new features:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/01_01_02_whats_different.html#wherearecontentpacks

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
With such changes in the UI, even for perpetual key holders, I'd venture to guess this was probably intended for the original PD19 release and didn't make the deadline. In my 14+yrs of using PD, I don't believe I recall a perpetual "patch" ever having UI changes like this. Additionally, the update from PD18 to initial release of PD19 was less than overwhelming with any improvements.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 05. 2020 10:22

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I just noticed this shortcut for Cyberlink technical support, I used it and found it very good.
[Thumb - suport.jpg]
 Filename
suport.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
55 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 05. 2020 13:51

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB