Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD18 doesn't support multiple effects?
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
Several times now, I've tried to apply text with borders and a semi opaque backdrop, with a fade end-effect, to clips in a project. The fade end-effect was last selected. And what I get is a warning message that this will remove the previous text formatting, do i want to continue?
I have - so far - chosen no. I can recall similar messages in the past but don't remember the details.
But that this last occurrence just raises an issue about how many effects PD18 supports on a clip.
At least one of it's competitors allows multiple effects - like, P&Z, stabilising, brightness and contrast, cropping - on a clip in the project timeline.
It seems PD18 will only allow 1. Am I correct, or missing something???
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
When it comes to standard titles, you're free to use/not use any combination of settings on the Title Designer's Object tab.

The same goes for the Effects tab with the exception that you can only use a Special Effect (from the Object tab) or the animations on the Effects tab (which has been renamed to Animation in PD19), not both. As you found out, backdrops also conflict with the animated Effects and will be disabled if you choose to use one.

If you'd like to fade in/out a clip with a backdrop, you can drag a fade transition onto the start & end of a title on the timeline or simply keyframe the opacity up and down from 0 to 100 then back to 0.

For more context - there are reduced settings in 3D titles and for add-on packs like Motion Graphics and Minimalist Titles, and in all cases you can only work with the tools and effects provided by the Title Designer.

If you have the New Blue Titler Pro plug-in, it has many more degrees of freedom and styles of available effects than PD's titles.

For regular photos and video clips, up to 7 different FX can be applied en masse or indivdually to any single clip, and all the other Fix / Enhance tools can be used as well. Only a single CLUT or Color Preset can be applied to any clip.
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
More than 1 way to skin a cat . . . .