Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2Go 13 Blu-ray Burning
Michael Stehly 1938 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2015 13:02 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have used the feature AVCHD to burn H.264 videos to DVD. Your program burns to the DVD without any problems and does not reincode the video. I play the DVD on a Blu-ray player. I need to burn some H.264 videos on a Blu-ray disc. Does it reincode the video? If it does reincode, how much video quality do I lose?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 21. 2020 14:20

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have used the feature AVCHD to burn H.264 videos to DVD. Your program burns to the DVD without any problems and does not reincode the video. I play the DVD on a Blu-ray player. I need to burn some H.264 videos on a Blu-ray disc. Does it reincode the video? If it does reincode, how much video quality do I lose?

You seem to know all the answers already. This is a users forum and no one here works for Cyberlink. Your best bet is to contact Cyberlink support for the answer if you don’t want to do any testing to see if h.264 video is not recoded to dvd as you claim but may be recoded to a BD. You need to supply them with all the details about your video files for the best answer.