Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menus, Sub Menus & Chapters do not convert to .MP4 file
Lawry D [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2020 22:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When I create a DVD disc all the Menus, Sub Menus & Chapters appear 1st to allow selection or I can press Play to watch everything in order. No issues copying to DVD.

Converting to .MP4 I have issues.
When I select the Produce tab & select a file format & File extension .MP4 the menus & chapters are not copied across & when played on any device the content immediately plays & there is no display of Menus or Chapters.

How do I overcome this Problem.

My PowerDirctor is the Ultimate V16.0.3424.0.

PC operating system is Win10 64bit.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
MP4 containers don't support any of those features which are specific to DVDs and Blu-Ray discs.

If you're looking to have the same kind of functionality without burning a disc to play in a dedicated player, you can instead chose to Create a folder from the Create Disc | Final Output screen, then copy the folder to your playback device(s). An app like VLC will be able to play the video like it was a disc.

You can also use the Produce page and choose an MKV profile, which supports chapters and menus.
Lawry Draper [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2020 00:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thankyou for your quick response. Greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Lawry