Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Text X-ray problems
Philippina [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2016 09:43 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I use PD 17. I am designing a title and would like to use the Text X-ray Text masking effect with the title. I have included 3 samples of my attempt in the video snippet.
In the first sample I used a simply white title with the FX. It works perfectly well.
In example 2 I enlarged the font and shift the title down to almost lower third to accommodate the menorah in the video in the backgroud. Now the Text X-ray fx seems to cut through the title midway and it changed its properties and shows up completely differently, so that the wording of the title: Openbaring (meaning: Revelation), is not so visible. I have tried to change the Text-X-ray effect, so as not to cut through the title and to behave the same as in the original title 1.
In example 3 I changed the font colour to a greenish gold colour. Suddenly the Text X-ray FX shows blue and the new green colour. I do not know what causes the blue. If i swicht to a white font face again, the blue vanishes.

I could not find any feature in the designer that could have caused 2 and 3.
I would very much like to use this effect. I like its revealing nature, which suits the title.

Please advise.
Ina
 Filename
Openbaring title problems.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
3 examples of my problems with Text X-ray Text masking
 Filesize
14521 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
47 time(s)
[Thumb - Computor info.PNG]
 Filename
Computor info.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
My computor info
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I no longer have access to PD17, but in PD19 the Text X-Ray FX looks to be the same.

The reason Example 2 looks the way it does is because the effect always centers the scrolling text vertically, so if you move your title up or down away from the center, only the upper or lower parts of the scrolling text will affect it. You can enlarge the scrolling text, but not change its vertical offset.

In Example 3, the "X-ray" effect is actually just a color inversion, so a white title will generate a black scrolling text, but a yellow title will give you the inverse color (blue). That's how it's designed.

If I'm understanding you correctly, it's not so much the "X-ray" effect that you want - although the initial instance with a centered white title looked good.

A better way to get a revealing effect that isn't affected by the title's position on screen or its color (or border or shadow) might be one of the animations/effects available in the Title Designer (on the center tab from the Advanced mode view).

I'd start with Glitter or Twinkle, but maybe Flocking or Amplify Horizontal would work too:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 13. 2020 15:59