Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 15 disappeared from laptop.
Chris Johnson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2020 11:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I received Power Director 15 with my new Dell Laptop in July. Today it has disappeared from the apps list. Is there some way to get it back? I have spoken with Dell who sent me to Dixons (where I bought the laptop) who said it is no longer supported with the latest version of Windows 10. I understand that but surely it should still be there? (actually I know it is there in the Windowsapp folder but it is hidden).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2020 14:42

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to do a File explorer search in the correct drive for pdr.exe . Once found, right mouse click and open it. If it works then you can create a desktop shortcut for it. More than likely you used a utility to remove oem junk to clean up the desktop. Your Dell should have a restore partition or a set of oem discs to restore it back to oem status if you did not make a backup. It sounds like that Dell did not supply you with the PD15 and the store did.

You could make a backup of your software in case more software gets tossed.

Cybelink is giving away PD16LE for free through a giveaway for those who want it. Do the search if desired.