Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multi Cam designer
Noonan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2007 16:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
just wondering would anybody know the reason why my video clips will not synchronize in Multicam designer.
I am working on a project that I recorded using three different cameras but they will not ine up for me when I try to synchronize them using the Audio Analyse option. The audio is perfect on each of the three clips so that is not the problem. This problem is only just after occurring as I had no problems in previous projects. I am using Power Director 19
Can anybody help please

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2020 12:56

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Without having access to your specific clips the only thing we can do is guess.

One thing is that the only way PD can sync clips is if they all recorded the same event. In other words, if you're working with individual recordings of singers for a virtual choir video, none of those tracks will match the others even though your ear can easily sync them.

It's also possible the there are no clear audio events (like if all videos are near a babbling brook or waterfall); if there are wildy different local interfering sounds (wind noise, one person shouting next to one of the cameras); or if the sudio levels are significantly different across recordings due to either settings or distance from the main audio source.

You can also place all the clips on the main timeline, select any two of them then use the Sync by Audio button that will appear above the timeline. See if you can sync 2 or all 3 there which would let you trim them to match. You could then produce each one and use those clips in the MultiCam Designer as they won't need any syncing once you import them.
Noonan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Optodata,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes the three clips are from the same event. Recorded by three different cameras. I am very familiar with Power Director and have used Multi Cam Designer on several occassions in the past but never had this problem before. Im just wondering is it a problem with my desktop Computer.
In an attempt to try and find out what my problem is I, at one stage, used the same clip for Camer 1 and Camer2 and still Multi Cam Designer could not synchronize them.
I also have Power Director 19 installed on my laptop as backup and when is used the these same clips in theMulticam Designer in it they synchronized without a problem.
Any Ideas as to what is wrong?
I have the clips synchronized on the time line but its a very slow process picking out the best camera shots and deleting the others.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the additional info.

I don't have any idea why your laptop is able to sync the clips but your desktop isn't, but the easiest workaround I can think of would be to do the initial MCD sync on that machine and then pack the project and store it on a shared cloud or network drive or on a large USB drive. You can then access the project and clips on your desktop and do the rest of the editing there.
Noonan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Optodata,
Yes that is what I will do for now.
I will let you know if I get the problem resolved
Thanks for your help.