Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing default directory from internal to external storage
ut1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2020 13:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

I work on an android mobile and when I want to import something from my cloud, the app stop the download and the following message appear: There is not enough space available. Please free up some space.
It is obvious that the only storage this message refers to is the internal one, considering I have more than 10 GB free in the SD card.
There is no option in the app setting about changing the default directory as per subject, therefore I ask: Is there anyway to fix this or is just an incredible limitation this app has?

Thank you very much.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can't change the storage setting in the app but you can make the necessary changes using the OS settings.

I just moved the app to the SD card using these steps: Go to Settings > Apps > PowerDirector > Storage.

Touch the Change button under Storage Used and change it to SD card. You'll then see a screen showing that the OS will Export Power Director, so click on the Move button and you should see a Transfer PowerDirector screen with a progress bar.

When that finishes the PD Mobile app (about 100MB) will have been moved to the SD card. Unfortunately these steps did not move my existing videos or projects to the SD card and the Google Drive download folder was still set in internal memory.

To get around that limitation you'll want to move some of the folders taking up so much internal memory to the SD card, and this article has many helpful tips.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi everyone,

I work on an android mobile and when I want to import something from my cloud, the app stop the download and the following message appear: There is not enough space available. Please free up some space.
It is obvious that the only storage this message refers to is the internal one, considering I have more than 10 GB free in the SD card.
There is no option in the app setting about changing the default directory as per subject, therefore I ask: Is there anyway to fix this or is just an incredible limitation this app has?

Thank you very much.

I think this is a glaring omission on the part of CyberLink. You can ask them to ad this capability. In the app go to "Settings" > "Send Feedback". You can also leave a review on the Play Store asling for this feature.