Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Colour board washes out a photo overlay
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
In a project I often use a colour board plus a photo as a means of displaying text detail associated with the image.
With 1 exception, that's worked fine. But I've come across a combination where the colour board - yellow in this case but I tried several including white - washes out the photo image over-laid on it. Screenshot - gong 1.
I've tried colur fixes and different colurs as the board backgriound to overcome this wash out effect, but eventually I resorted to just a blank background and white text: wash out fixed: screenshot - gong 2.
In the gong 2 shot note that radically different - but normal, the way the photo was shot - appearance of the overlaid image: not washed out, and no special effects applied in PD18.

Which seems to me to be a kluge solution - not one generally reliable upon.

Is there any way to avoid this wash-out effect of the colur board background on an overlaid photo??
[Thumb - gong 2 no colour background.jpg]
 Filename
gong 2 no colour background.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
224 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Thumb - gong 1  colour background.jpg]
 Filename
gong 1 colour background.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
215 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The colorboard bleed occurs because you changed the opacity of the pic which causes the color bleed through issue, evident from your "gong 2 no colour background.jpg" pic.

Jeff
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
JL. that is indeed what had happened, altho I have no recollection of doing that.
Thanx.