CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
File erased while exporting?
Reply to this topic
Ajai [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 19, 2020 10:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

I have spent the past 2-3 weeks editing a video on the most current edition of Power Director using my Samsung galaxy s10 plus. I have put considerable effort into this project, and whilst ironing out some kinks, I decided to export my project. The video was only 7 minutes long, however as the export process was taking a while, I minimised the app and browsed the Internet to wait for it to download. However upon my re-opening of Power Director, I found my only copy of the project with no thumbnail, no video and no audio. Naturally I was devastated. However i do still have all of the original files I used to make the video. I understand Power Director has a problem exporting videos if the app is not on the screen, as this isn't the first time this has happened. Has anyone else experienced this? And is there any way to get my project back? The file is just missing. If there isn't I'll probably end up reconstructing the whole thing, but this will be laborious.
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5938 Offline
[Post New]
That sounds very frustrating. I've only produced small projects on the mobile app and haven't even thought of navigating away while it was producing. I imagine that the project file is still present on your phone, however if it has been marked as deleted for some reason then Android is free to use that space for other tasks.

I suggest contacting CL tech support here to see if they can assist you. In the future, since you seem to have experienced this before I think you should make frequent backups to the CL Cloud or Google Drive so that all your project materials will be saved in a safe location.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2020 15:12

Reply to this topic