Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to move software to new computer.
DeekLoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2020 22:42 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, my computers is starting to slow down and parts keep breaking, so I was planning on getting a new one. I have Powerdirector and Photodirector Ultra on disc. Is there anything special I have to do so that I can activate the software on my new computer? Or, can I just put the discs in my new computer and install and use the programs?

Thank you
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, that's it, along with your product key. Since on disc it's more than likely the initial release. Visit https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download to get the most recent update for your products.

Jeff
DeekLoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2020 22:42 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes, that's it, along with your product key. Since on disc it's more than likely the initial release. Visit https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download to get the most recent update for your products.

Jeff

Thank you, that helps a lot.
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
This situation has intrigued me several times over the last 3 months.

The normal home-use licence is nominally a single PC use. Surely a re-install as described would amount to a dual installation? I know some vendors license the same way, but appear to allow a dual install on 2 different home PC's simply because

• it's usually hard/impossible to use the same package on 2 machines at once. OR

• the back-end server software managing licenses hasn't been updated to disallow this.

Or is it an un-stated assumption that you un-install from the old PC first?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2020 20:09

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This situation has intrigued me several times over the last 3 months.

The normal home-use licence is nominally a single PC use. Surely a re-install as described would amount to a dual installation?

It is possible that another contributor may recommend that the NB packs be deactivated on the old pc before reinstallation on another pc as on some third party apps to avoid reactivation problems. The user may see a nag screen when using an fx to register or use it as a trial. It will still work. This can happen on the perpetual versions.