Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ShutterStock video searches do not work properly
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
When I search for Videos using a word, PowerDirector comes back with the (error) message:
No Matches were found. Make sure the spelling is correct or try using a simpler search.

I get this message every time I enter a search word when looking for Videos. Even using the words like HOUSE, SAND, WATER, etc are I would recon simple enough?

It works fine when using the same words looking for a photo or music. PD (or ShutterSTock) returns search results rapidly.
Also searching for POSSIBLE and GROUND MACHINE gives a few results....

Now sometimes the search result still appears a few moments after I have acknowledged the message.

Switching between photo and video panels sometimes helps and all of a sudden results appears in the video panel.

I would guess that this all might have to do with the reaction time PD expects from the Shutterstock services. But I am only guessing. (I have a very fast internet connection).

The other thing is, that I often get unexpected results:
-- searching for GLOBE also gives me also a bunch of flags,DOG gives me (besides dogs) clouds and a beach.... etc. etc.

Still happy with this extra and free service, but very annoying that it does not (always) work...

I wonder whether this is me or you have noticed this too?

(I have reported this to CL)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for reporting it to CL. This is new behavior and I hope it's a temporary glitch.

One clue that something's going on is that I only see 14 video thumbnails when the tool first opens up, compared to 23 pages of 30 photo thumbnails each along with hundreds of music clips available before searching for anything.
D285 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2018 13:33 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm the error. Very annoying.
Hope it will be fixed soon.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Good news! I just tried again and 15 pages of video thumbnails showed up as soon as the tool opened, and I get 9 pages of results when searching for ground.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Indeed! I can confirm that the ShutterStock search works fine again. Display of the first page and you see pages being added in the background. Perfect!
D285 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2018 13:33 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I can't confirm - still the same error message: "No Matches were found ...."
optodata
[Post New]
Everything still works for me. I wonder if there might be a regional or local cache/connection issue. I'm in North America and Warry's in Europe, and sometimes it takes a while for the regional servers to catch up with the latest changes.

You might also want to try rebooting, and maybe even changing the DNS server on your router/modem to see if that helps.
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm 9 pages of "ground" videos when searched from the UK.