Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Blue Essentials IV
[Post New]
I run a video recording lab at my church and create videos with the chromakey screen background. This past week I had to reinstall Windows 10 and all my software, including PowerDirector 365. The reinstallation of PD has given me a hugh headache. It supports New Blue Essentials Effect 6, but when I reinstalled New Blue Essentials IV, PD wouldn't recognize it.

If you ask why I don't use the chroma key feature of PD, it is fairly rudimentary, very limited adjustmet capability, no garbgage collection and leaves a green scheen on edges. I can get rid of the scheen, but at the expense of getting rid of part of the face. Essentials IV also allows me to pur a black border around the dubject that I use to create specialized videos.

Is there any way to install Essentials IV in PD 365. If not, I will have to purchase Corel VideoStudio which does support New Blue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2020 14:53

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
NB pack IV was supplied in an earlier version of PD. You could install that version first, activate it. Install the 365 and it should work as before as many other users leave old versions installed for the same purpose. You can also buy it for about $50 now instead of the previous $249 asking price.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know of a version since PD10, first version CL started including NewBlue Fx, that included Essentials IV as part of the product purchase. Maybe it was a bonus early buy offer or something along those lines. My collections of NB offerings with PD is in attached pic.

My NB IV, standalone legacy purchase, does work in PD19 as shown in pic. I however don't see much related to chroma key.

Final pic shows different NB packages with different chroma effects that may help.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD19_NB_Chroma.png]
 Filename
PD19_NB_Chroma.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
[Thumb - PD19_NBfx.png]
 Filename
PD19_NBfx.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Thumb - PD19_EssentialIV.png]
 Filename
PD19_EssentialIV.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
223 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's a typo. He's clearly talking about NB Essentials VI (6) even though the forum title is IV (4)
CeriRees [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2011 16:49 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I run a video recording lab at my church and create videos with the chromakey screen background. This past week I had to reinstall Windows 10 and all my software, including PowerDirector 365. The reinstallation of PD has given me a hugh headache. It supports New Blue Essentials Effect 6, but when I reinstalled New Blue Essentials IV, PD wouldn't recognize it.

If you ask why I don't use the chroma key feature of PD, it is fairly rudimentary, very limited adjustmet capability, no garbgage collection and leaves a green scheen on edges. I can get rid of the scheen, but at the expense of getting rid of part of the face. Essentials IV also allows me to pur a black border around the dubject that I use to create specialized videos.

Is there any way to install Essentials IV in PD 365. If not, I will have to purchase Corel VideoStudio which does support New Blue.

I recently went through this with NewBlue. Their helpdesk had me try a few things and eventually we found a way to make it work.

You need to move all the files from C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\NewBlue\ and all the folders under there and place them all directly into C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\ and then they will work. Well, it worked for me anyway.
[Post New]
I should have replied to TOMASC earlier. He suggested I uninstall and reinstall PD. Worked like a charm. It does bother me that the solution is so drastic. If cyberlink is going to support 3rd party plugins, they should have the ability, as in past versions, to bring in new plugins without unstalling and reinstalling - a time consuming procedure.

However there was a silver lining to reinstalling Windows 10 and then PowerDirector. Where before Titles and Keyframe operations were very cluncky, after reinstalling Windows 10, they were at least 10-20 times as fast (no exaggeration).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2020 17:02

Paul C
[Post New]
I purchased that NewBlue product directly from New Blue a year or two ago for PD 17, because it had better chroma key capability and have been running just find since then. It continued to work in PD365 until my system crashed and I had to reinstall everything.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2020 17:07

Paul C
Chrisland [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2018 05:33 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]

I recently went through this with NewBlue. Their helpdesk had me try a few things and eventually we found a way to make it work.

You need to move all the files from C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\NewBlue\ and all the folders under there and place them all directly into C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\ and then they will work. Well, it worked for me anyway.

I copied the dll:s to C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\ and now it works. Thank you! (NewBlue_PlugIn_VideoEssentials6 & NewBlue_PlugIn_VideoEssentials6_ENU.dll)